I know it can be hard looking for the right trucking school for you…
Let alone one in the city of Tampa, FL.
Well, let’s not waste your time.
Here, we’re going to review the top 4 best trucking schools in Tampa, FL.
You can rest assured that all these schools are FMCSA-approved, offer quality training, and are located right in the city.
So let’s dive right in!
The 4 Best Trucking Schools in Tampa, FL (Private)
Here are the top 4 best trucking schools in Tampa, Florida:
Now let’s get reviewing!
Address: 2552 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
Phone: (813) 328-7725
160 Driving Academy is a well-known name in the trucking industry.
It has hundreds of training locations across the US — and you’re lucky to have one right here in Tampa.
160 Driving Academy’s success can be attributed to its comprehensive training course, which goes from A to Z.
This will help you become the best and safest truck driver — and also help you ace your CDL tests in one go.
Here, you’ll train with some of the most experienced instructors in a small student-to-instructor ratio.
But the number one benefit of 160 Driving Academy is its name.
Since the school is known nationwide, lots of logistic firms are looking to hire from their graduates.
So expect a lot of job opportunities if you graduate with 160 Driving Academy.
And we’re not talking cheap jobs.
We’re talking Fortune 500 companies.
Having the 160 Driving Academy branding opens up the doors to higher pay and more opportunities down the line.
Here are some other great benefits of 160 Driving Academy:
- Great facilities
- Financing options
- Boasts high graduation rates
Address: 755 E Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
The CDL Training of Tampa is one of the most highly-rated trucking schools in the area. It boasts a 4.9/5 star rating on Google out of 250 reviews.
It’s a student favorite thanks to the excellent teaching staff.
Not only are they professional and patient — you can choose lessons in both English and Spanish.
So if you’re more comfortable with Spanish, then no worries.
But wait, there’s more!
Though the training is very complete, CDL Training of Tampa keeps pricing low.
Its programs are half the price of its competitors.
For its Class A manual program, you can enroll for just $3,500.
This makes it a great choice if you don’t have a large budget to work with.
Another great thing is that you can take your CDL skills test with them.
You can complete your training AND take your test in one place.
Some other benefits include:
- Automatic and manual trucks
- Flexible schedules
- You’ll be sent packets to start studying
Address: 6193 Jensen Rd, Tampa, FL 33619
Here’s another great local trucking school.
One of Tampa Truck Driving School’s biggest strengths is its ability to make students feel at home.
As a privately-owned trucking school, you can expect a very caring and friendly atmosphere.
Everyone works toward YOUR success.
Plus, they accept anyone.
This makes it great for total newbies or women looking to make it in a male-dominant industry.
You’ll always work with non-judgemental instructors and staff.
They also work hard to get their graduates placed in firms that guarantee health insurance, 401K retirement plans, and vacation pay.
And if you’re struggling to foot the bill for your tuition, they’ll look for firms who are willing to give tuition reimbursement.
Some other benefits of Tampa Truck Driving School include:
- Offers in-house financing
- Has a quick 3-week course
- Experienced instructors
Address: 5025 Orient Road, Tampa, FL 33610
Phone: (813) 626-2400
Looking for another national trucking school?
Then Roadmaster Drivers School has a location in Tampa too.
Here, you learn more than just the basics.
You’re taught map reading, trip planning, logging and compliance, and much more.
There are even lessons on advanced truck driving techniques, like skidding avoidance and recovery.
You’ll be able to develop real-world truck driving skills.
Roadmaster Drivers School also has some of the best campuses and equipment.
The classrooms and computer labs are very spacious.
The trucks are all late models.
All this will help you train better than before.
For over 30 years, Roadmaster Drivers School has already trained over 100,000 truck drivers in the US.
This is a trucking school you can certainly trust.
Other benefits include:
- All instructors are safety conscious
- Offers career services
- You can get a virtual tour of the campus
Best Free Company-Sponsored Trucking Schools
What if you can’t afford a private trucking school?
Well, there are other options out there.
Say hello to the world of company-sponsored trucking schools.
These companies will take care of all your tuition fees for you!
They then hire you after you graduate.
So what’s the catch?
You’ll have to sign a contract to work for the company. This is to pay off the tuition they spent.
If you’re interested, let’s look at the best company-sponsored trucking schools.
Just note that these are not located in or near Tampa, Florida. You might have to travel far to train (and work) with them.
Look no further than TMC for your FREE trucking training.
TMC offers a leading, 3-week program for accepted candidates. The program covers all the basics required to obtain your Class A CDL.
While their training facilities may be a bit far (Des Moines, Iowa, Columbia, and South Carolina) TMC covers all the traveling expenses for you. This means you won’t have to spend a penny!
And if you thought it couldn’t get better, TMC offers free board, PLUS $500 a week while you train!
Much like TMC, Knight Transportation offers a wide range of benefits, with free tuition and board, alongside a weekly stipend.
Knight Transportation has a variety of training facilities all across the US, with one in Lakeland Florida — just a few minutes away from Tampa!
Some other benefits you’ll get to enjoy are:
- 401k Insurance
- A friendly working environment
- Interest-free repayment plans
- Vacation pay and home time
- Age requirement: at least 21 years old.
- DWI/DUI convictions: None within the last 10 years.
- Drug/Substance Test: No drug use, positive tests, or refusals within the last 10 years.
- Moving Violations: No more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years. No serious traffic violations in the last 6 months. No citations for driving while suspended, disqualified, or expired in the past 6 months.
- License: Must hold a valid license in the current state of residence.
- Accidents: No more than 1 minor preventable accident (loss over $1750.00) in the last 3 years. No major accidents (loss of over $25,000) in the last 5 years.
- Employment: No terminations from the last employer due to a poor safety record or from more than 1 employer in 5 years due to a poor safety record or theft. No more than 4 commercial driving jobs in the last 12 months and no more than 4 jobs in the last 3 years.
- Felonies: None in the past 7 years. No multiple felonies.
- Physical Condition: Must be capable of performing essential job functions, including loading and unloading freight. Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Agility Requirements as certified by a company-selected examination facility.
There you have it — the best trucking schools in Tampa, FL.
We highlighted the special offers for each school. This way, you can pick the one that suits YOUR needs and preferences.
So go ahead and pick the best one for YOU.
If not private trucking schools, then you can choose to go with a company-sponsored training.
The choice is yours