Are you an Oklahoma City native looking to break into the trucking industry?
Well, this is the article for you.
To get a job in truck driving, you’ll need to earn your Commercial Driver’s License, or CDL. But before you do that, you’ll need to get training.
That’s why we’ve compiled the best trucking schools in Oklahoma City, OK.
There’s a big difference between a good school and a great school, and the ones we’ve chosen for you have set themselves apart in both quality and opportunity. Within a matter of weeks, you’ll be ready to get your CDL permit and begin your new career!
Best Private Truck Driving Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
If you’ve got the money to spare, a private truck driving school will give you the best experience.
Graduating from a private trucking school opens up a world of choice when it comes to companies you can work for. Some schools will even help you secure a job straight out of training through their career services.
Moreover, many companies will reimburse your tuition if you agree to work for them! So at the end of the day, you’ll still get all your money back.
Going for the private school route? Here are some of the best truck driving schools in Oklahoma City.
5801 SW 11th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73128
Roadmaster Drivers School provides some of the best CDL training money can buy. With over 30 years of experience and 160,000 graduates, you’ll be learning with some of the best instructors around.
Through their training, you’ll learn both the fundamentals and advanced techniques. You’ll drive state-of-the-art trucks at their practice facilities and on the road, applying your newfound knowledge to real-world situations.
Here’s what sets Roadmaster Drivers School apart:
- Practice facilities, classrooms, and computer labs are spacious and modern.
- They have ultramodern tractor-trailers used exclusively for student training.
- Their comprehensive CDL classes are hyperfocused on Class A training and license preparation, with expert instructors leading the way.
- You can get tested for your CDL at select Roadmaster locations.
- Roadmaster offers in-house financial aid to qualified students to help cover tuition costs, and trucking carriers that recruit from their school can offer up to 100% reimbursement on tuition.
- They offer job placement assistance, a career service that helps you find work before you even finish school.
But don’t just take it from me. Take a look at all the beaming testimonials from Roadmaster graduates!
Contact them at 1 (800) 831-1300.
3712 NE 104th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73131
Here’s another great option for you: 160 Driving Academy! This academy offers a four-week long course, similar to most options out there.
The instructors will prepare you in the classroom and on the field, working closely with you to get the most out of your education. And by working closely, we mean close: their small class sizes mean you have ample opportunity to get personalized training!
- Their classes have a maximum of 4 students per instructor.
- The majority of their students receive complete tuition reimbursement through their career assistance.
- 160 Driving Academy has dozens of locations in major cities in the US. Even if you find yourself outside of Oklahoma, there’s a good chance there’ll be a 160 Driving Academy school near you!
- This school boasts a high graduation rate.
And check out the rave reviews. There’s a reason why 160 Driving Academy is one of the best trucking schools out there.
Contact them at (877) 350-0884.
2120 S Prospect Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73129
CDL University’s website boasts that with them, you’ll be able to “earn your CDL license in a month or less!” They offer four different CDL courses:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License Course
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License Course
- CDL Permit Course
- Class A CDL Refresher Course
Here’s what makes CDL University different from other private truck driving schools.
- The school has small class sizes to increase hands-on, individual learning time. With 20 classes at 8 hours per session, their expert instructors are more likely to address your personal needs as a student.
- If you’re anxious about getting behind the wheel right away, CDL University has driving simulators to get you started. From bad weather to dangerous road circumstances, their simulators will have you feeling ready in no time.
- This school offers financial assistance, including their Native American Funding program.
Their numerous 5-star reviews say enough about the quality of their education, so don’t hesitate!
Contact them at (405) 702-4333.
Additional Truck Driving Schools in Oklahoma City, OK
Here are a few more options you can go over, if the previous schools weren’t enough:
American Truck Training
5204 W I-40 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73121
(405) 254-5556 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Tech Truck Driver Training
3 CT Circle, Drumright, OK 74030
Arbuckle Truck Driving School (ATDS)
15167 US HWY 70 Ardmore, OK 73401
Free Company Sponsored Truck Driving Schools
To go to a private truck driving school, you’ll need to pay tuition upfront. Fortunately, if that isn’t an option for you, there are a number of free truck driving schools, sponsored by major companies.
Take note that not all of these are based in Oklahoma City. If you’re willing to travel states for this opportunity, a good number of truck driving companies will also sponsor your transportation and housing alongside the CDL training. Free travel, free housing, and free training–what more could someone want?
If you want to look into this option, consider the following schools:
TMC – Based in Des Moines, Iowa and Columbia, South Carolina, TMC will take care of your CDL training if you want to get into flatbed trucking. Not only do you get free flatbed training from experts, but you’ll also get great job conditions, competitive salaries, and top-quality equipment.
Prime Inc. – At Prime Inc., you’ll receive world-class training and the latest in trucking equipment. Associates are free to relax at their four nationwide Prime facilities, which include a training center, gym and spa, shop network, and more.
Roehl – Since their humble beginnings in 1962, Roehl has grown to become one of the largest truck driving companies in America. With their Get Your CDL™ program, you’ll already be a full-time employee at the start of your training. Roehl provides guaranteed job security and a one-way ticket to salaries up to $70,000.
Truck driving is a great career to get into, with a low barrier to entry, and lots of job opportunities and avenues to learn. There are loads of options, whether you want to go the company-sponsored or private school route. But whatever you choose, know that you’ve got a bright trucking future ahead.