Working towards your CDL?
Well, if you’re from Portland, OR, then we’re here to help.
We’re going to review the best trucking schools in Portland, OR. We’re also going to mention those located nearby.
It doesn’t stop there. We’ll even review some company-sponsored trucking schools all around the US.
With this, you’ll have A LOT of choices to choose from. And with that, you’ll be able to find the school that fits YOUR needs and preferences.
So let’s dive right in!
Best Private Trucking Schools in Portland, OR
Why choose a private trucking school?
Because they can provide the best equipment and training in the industry. From any type of CMV to road simulation programs, you can rest easy knowing that your education is in good hands.
On top of that, most private schools hire seasoned professionals and industry experts to teach.
An even bigger pro is that many of these schools can help you score a job position at a reputable trucking company with career assistance programs.
If this sounds like the type of trucking school you want, then here are the best ones in and near Portland, OR:
Let’s review these schools one by one.
Address: 10600 N Lombard St, Portland, OR 97203
I&H Truck Inc. is one of the top trucking schools in Portland, OR. Its owner, Ibrahim Hoshmend, has years of truck driving and training under his belt.
What’s more, this school claims to have the most effective yet affordable CDL training programs around.
Here’s what I&H Truck Inc. has to offer:
- Manual and automatic transmission training
- Option to study the classroom portion online
- Manual training only costs $4,000, while automatic training costs $3,500
- The CDL training program takes 160 hours, which can be finished in around 6-10 weeks.
- You get to learn skills such as pre-trip inspection, city and highway driving, and backup maneuvers.
So what are you waiting for? If interested, contact them now at (971) 392-2290, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 13691 NE Whitaker Way, Portland, OR 97230
At Western Pacific Truck School of Oregon, you’ll find yourself surrounded by passionate and committed instructors. Their philosophy is that every prospective trucker should know the ins and outs of the industry – and they’re here to share that crucial information with you.
Here is what you can expect from this trucking school:
- It only takes in students with potential in the trucking industry.
- The CDL training program takes 160 hours to complete, split over 4 weeks. The first week is spent in the classroom, and the rest of the time is dedicated to truck driving practice.
- Students will learn basic driving skills for automatic or manual trucks, PLUS defensive driving techniques and techniques for road emergencies.
- You get to experience driving on open roads in various conditions.
Interested enrollees may contact Western Pacific Truck School of Oregon at (888) 565-0203.
Address: 2747 NW Rogers CIR, Troutdale, OR 97060
This school is located in Troutdale, just 16 miles away from Portland, so not too far away.
Why choose this school then?
Troutdale Toro Trucking Academy boasts over 40 years of experience in the trucking and training industry. This school can turn you into a top-notch trucker in no time.
Here are some great things about Toro Trucking Academy:
- Its team of instructors is made up of experienced truck drivers and company owners, who’ll share their years of experience with you.
- The Class A CDL program involves 4 weeks of training, both in the classroom and in the field.
- It can provide financial assistance, as well as help in finding a job with its job placement service at any point in your career. The majority of its students find a job immediately after graduation.
Pitch your inquiries to their number at (833) 867-6235, or email them at email@example.com.
Additional Trucking Schools Near Portland, OR
If you want to go all-in on your trucking school research, you can consider the following options from around Oregon state.
13605 SE Hwy 212, Clackamas, OR 97015, United States
560 SE 4th Suite 225, Hillsboro, OR 97123
503-608-7485 | firstname.lastname@example.org
875 Ave G, White City, OR 97503, United States
Best Company-Sponsored Trucking Schools
Why choose a company-sponsored trucking school?
Well, if you want to be GUARANTEED a job right after you get your CDL, then this is the way to go.
Plus, as the name implies, the company will pay for your training. In turn, you have to work for them once you become a licensed commercial driver.
If that sounds like something more up your alley, then here are the best company-sponsored trucking schools around the US.
TMC – TMC offers FREE Class A CDL training for the best candidates, which is held in Des Moines, Iowa, Columbia, and South Carolina. It calls itself an employee-owned company, and that shows in its employee-first policies, such as weekend home time, industry-leading pay, and top-quality equipment.
Prime Inc. – With Prime Inc., you’ll be able to earn right away as you train and study to get your CDL. Its top-class CDL training program will prepare you for anything and everything that can happen on the road. For this opportunity, you’ll be based in one of their facilities in Utah, Pennsylvania, or Missouri.
Stevens Transport – Stevens Transport offers company-sponsored training, which includes training, lodging, meal allowance, and transportation to the academy. Based in Dallas, TX, you’ll experience their ultramodern facilities, small class sizes, and safety-focused curriculum.
So those were the best trucking schools in and near Portland, OR.
If you’re interested in any private trucking school, give them a call right away to get started!
But if company-sponsored trucking schools appeal to you more, then you might have to go out of the state. However, you can almost be sure that you’ll get a trucking job right away.
The choice is yours.
Go and take your pick!