Looking for an FMCSA-approved and high-quality trucking school in Chandler, AZ?
Unfortunately, you will have a hard time finding one, if any.
But don’t fret.
Today, we’re going to list the best trucking schools near Chandler, AZ. This way, you won’t have to travel far from home to get the CDL training you need.
And, rest assured, all the schools here are FMCSA-approved and offer quality training.
So let’s check them out!
Private vs Company-Sponsored Trucking Schools
Before we begin, we feel it’s important to quickly tell you about the 2 types of trucking schools — private and free or company-sponsored.
The main difference? Private schools will need you to pay the tuition fee upfront. And here in Arizona, programs are usually from $2,000 to $5,000.
Now, most of the private trucking schools are based within the state or city, which is why many drivers prefer this as well.
On the other hand, company-sponsored schools are free because the company shoulders the student’s training. In return, the student should render a number of years as their employee after they’re done with the program.
To help you make the best decision for YOU, we’ll be looking at both private and company-sponsored trucking schools.
Best Trucking Schools Near Chandler, AZ (Private)
Here is a list of the best trucking schools near Chandler, AZ:
- Roadmaster Drivers School
- Phoenix Truck Driving Institution
- CDL Truck School, Inc
- 160 Driving Academy
- Southwest Truck Driver Training
Let’s get into the details.
Address: 2350 S. 48th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043
Phone: (602) 233-2222
Drive time from Chandler: 30 minutes
Roadmaster Drivers School is one of the best trucking schools in the country.
And for good reason.
It has one the best learning facilities with some of the most modern equipment available. Plus, all of its instructors are well-trained and authorized to teach.
Its map-reading, logging, and trip-planning guides are in compliance with the Department of Transportation laws.
What’s more, it has comprehensive programs that will teach students all concepts, rules, and policies they need to understand before they go on the road.
Here are other features that set Roadmaster Drivers School apart from the rest:
- All Roadmaster instructors are safety-conscious. You’ll hear this from all of their former students, see this in their pages and mission statements, and observe these safe practices when you’re training with them.
- It is well-connected with trucking company recruiters. Every month, the school welcomes recruiters from Werner Enterprises, Melton, and CRST to visit the site so the students can directly apply through them.
- They have proper training vehicles and facilities. Roadmaster Drivers School has more than enough trailers, trucks, and property students may use for training.
Address: 2621 S 51st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043
Drive time from Chandler: 28 minutes
Phoenix Truck Driving Institution promises top-notch training.
And it has proven that with its thousands of students who have already received their CDL with accreditations from the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division.
The school guarantees that all its instructors are well-experienced and trained drivers, its classrooms offer the latest learning tools, and all classes come with enough training hours on the road.
This school also has these features that make them different from others:
- It offers flexible schedules. They understand that not all students can attend regular morning classes. Because of this, they offer morning and night classes, and even weekend schedules.
- All of their vehicles have manual transmissions. This way, students won’t have restrictions when they apply for their CDL.
- They have student loan programs. If you can’t afford to pay the full tuition upfront, you can check with the school how to qualify for their loan programs. For more details, you may click the button below.
Address: 1313 N 25th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85009, USA
Phone: (602) 278-9159
Drive time from Chandler: 30 minutes
Want to complete your truck training as fast as possible? Then look no further than CDL Truck School, Inc.
It offers a 7-day training complete, complete with hands-on training and even written practice tests. With this, you’ll be able to get your CDL in no time.
The even better news is that it is a one-on-one class. So you’ll get all the help and attention you need from your instructor.
It also specializes in pre-trip inspection, skills tests, and road tests. You’ll be guaranteed to pass the CDL driving test with flying colors.
Here are other features that you’ll love about CDL Truck School, Inc:
- Women drivers are more than welcome. If you are a woman, you might feel like the trucking industry is only for men. In turn, you can feel left out and discriminated against. But, at CDL Truck School, Inc, you will be welcomed just like the rest.
- It is a licensed third-party testing facility in Arizona. You will be able to take your CDL driving test with this school.
- It offers a variety of vehicles to train on. This includes flatbed trucks, tractor-trailers, and even buses.
Additional Trucking Schools Near Chandler, AZ
Here are other trucking schools that you should look into:
Address: 9005 N 29th Ave Suite 8, Phoenix, AZ 85051
Phone: (480) 210-7757
Drive time from Chandler: 30 minutes
Address: 2323 S. 51st Ave.Phoenix, AZ 85043
Drive time from Chandler: 30 minute
Best Free Company-Sponsored Truck Driving Schools
Private trucking schools are not cheap. In Arizona alone, tuition ranges from $2,000 to $5,000.
If you’re a bit strapped for cash, you’ll be happy to hear that you have alternatives — these are free or company-sponsored truck driving schools.
These schools are usually based in different parts of the country. So, you have to be willing to travel far from home if you want to take part.
And also, once you finish the training program, you will need to render services to the same company for several months or years, depending on the contract.
If you’re interested, here are some of the best company-sponsored truck driving schools to check out:
Prime Inc. – Prime Inc. is one of the highest-rated OTR trucking companies in the country that specializes in refrigerated, tanker, and flatbed trucks. Prime Inc. is a great choice for many as they immediately receive employee benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation, and even 401K upon application as an OTR driver.
Roehl – If you’re looking for a trucking company that will cover most of your training expenses, then Roehl is for you. Roehl not only shoulders your tuition but also covers your housing and transportation costs. What’s more, they have a training site in Phoenix, Arizona! You won’t have to relocate and move away from your family while training.
Pam Transport – Pam Transport specializes in dry van trucks. It may be far from Arizona, but they provide generously to their applicants. Aside from offering free training programs, they also have weekly stipends for all. You can get up to $200 of allowance weekly, with $100 Walmart coupons for the first 3 weeks.
And those were the best trucking schools near Chandler, AZ.
Sure, it sucks that there are no approved schools right in the city. But you’ll be happy to know that there are lots nearby.
And if not that, then you can travel the country by training with a company-sponsored truck driving school.
So make your pick and get started today.