Calling all aspiring truck drivers in Toledo, OH…
Are you looking for an approved and quality trucking school in the city?
You’ve come to the right place.
Here, we’re going to review the best trucking school in Toledo, OH. And for even more options, we’ll review the schools located nearby, too.
To include everyone in the picture, we’ll also review the best company-sponsored truck driving schools across the country.
So let’s get reviewing!
Best Trucking Schools in Toledo, OH (Private)
Unfortunately, there is only one FMCSA-approved trucking school in Toledo, OH.
The good news, however, is that this school is already one of the best in the country.
So for our review, we’ll look at the best trucking schools in and near Toledo, OH. Here is the list:
Let’s look at what each school can offer.
Address: 4024 N Holland Sylvania Road, Unit 4, Toledo, OH 43523
As we mentioned, 160 Driving Academy is one of the best trucking schools in the country. With a hundred locations nationwide, you’re lucky that there’s one located right here in Toledo, OH.
What makes 160 Driving Academy so great?
Well, the school commits to helping its students get a CDL and have a successful career.
To do that, each class is handled by experienced and certified instructors. You also get 160 hours of in-class instruction and on-the-road training.
As soon as you complete the program, the staff will provide you with job placement assistance. This will allow you to work for some of the best trucking companies out there once you get your CDL.
Here are other standouts of 160 Driving Academy:
- Each class is small. Because of this, instructors are hands-on from the classroom sessions up until your behind-the-wheel training. Students are also given a personalized learning experience since there are only a few of them in one class.
- Exams and other written tests are updated. Even though 160 Driving Academy has been operating for several years now, they make sure that their assessments are aligned with current state and local topic coverage.
- Truck specialist trainers, and not just your instructors, are invested in your success. Everyone from the school will support you, even the specialist trainers who assist instructors during driving sessions.
Address: 30335 Oregon Road, Perrysburg, OH 43551
Travel time from Toledo: 13 minutes
Don’t want to spend too much on trucking school?
Then it doesn’t get any cheaper than in a community college.
Thankfully, Owens Community College offers FMCSA-approved Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT).
And it’s only 13 minutes away from Toledo!
Here, you are guaranteed professional learning and training with its up-to-date facilities, state-licensed instructors, and comprehensive curriculum.
Also, since it’s situated in a college environment, you will have more motivation to study hard.
On top of that, here is what you can expect from Owens Community College:
- It collaborates with government-funded organizations to give students scholarships. Owens Community College works closely with Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA), Harbor Career Connections, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), and Dislocated Worker Program. You can ask the school to reach out to these for partial and even full scholarships.
- It has partnerships with a lot of trucking companies. Some company staff even go to the schools and give students signing bonuses.
Address: 26718 Oregon Road, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551
Travel Time from Toledo: 13 minutes
Here’s another trucking school just around the corner from Toledo.
Trainco is a favorite among the locals.
And for good reason — just check out the stats.
It has been operating since 1996, has over 10,000+ students, and has a 90% placement rate. That’s impressive!
This achievement is all thanks to the school’s goal to provide a supportive attitude for your success. You can trust that all your instructors are experienced and will give hands-on training.
Here are other things to love about Trainco:
- There are day and night schedules available. Can’t find time to squeeze in your classroom sessions? If you go to Trainco, you can enroll in their program without sacrificing important parts of your day.
- It gives importance to road safety and etiquette. Defensive driving is something the school advocates. Another vital part of the curriculum is how to combat road rage.
Additional Trucking Schools Near Toledo, OH
Here are more trucking school options near Toledo, OH.
Address: 3325 Shawnee Rd. Lima, OH 45806-1454
Travel time from Toledo: 1 hour, 11 minutes
Address: 7450 Union-Shelby Rd. Piqua, Ohio 45356
Travel time from Toledo: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Address: 977 Frank Rd, Columbus, OH 43223
Phone: (614) 351-1748
Travel time from Toledo: 2 hours, 18 minutes
Free Company-Sponsored Truck Driving School
As the name implies, these company-sponsored truck driving schools are FREE. Plus, you’ll be guaranteed a job once you get your CDL.
Sounds too good to be true?
The flip side is that you will have to work for the company that sponsored your training. That isn’t a big problem unless you have an idea of what truck you want to drive or what company you want to work for.
Another thing. Yes, the company will give you free training, BUT they will also slowly deduct the payment from your salary for several years.
If you’re interested, then here are the best company-sponsored truck driving schools across the country:
Knight Transportation – Knight is one of the biggest trucking companies in the country. Its nearest training locations are in Perrysburg and Detroit. Not far from home at all!
Knight is also one of the most generous companies you can work for. They pay for your accommodations and transportation to go to their sites. Plus, they reward you once you reach a certain number of miles as their driver. You can get merchandise, stocks, and cash bonuses!
PAM Transport – Do you enjoy long-haul truck drives? Then the best way to get a career in over-the-road trucking is in PAM Transport. Once you finish your training with their school, you will be assigned as an OTR truck driver.
TMC – TMC has one of the shortest training programs, only lasting 3 weeks. Despite that, students get the best treatment and education. The school provides the latest simulators, a computer for each student, and spacious yards. Luckily for you, they also have a branch right here in Ohio.
And there you have it — the best trucking schools in and near Toledo, OH.
Even if your options in the city are very limited (only 1), you can trust that 160 Driving Academy is already the best out there.
If not, then there are other great trucking schools just nearby.
On top of that, you can even choose to go around the country and train with company-sponsored trucking schools.
The choice is yours.
But rest assured that, whichever one you pick, you’ll be in good hands.